A vacuum cleaners is not an easy purchase decision. There are so many options, and it can be confusing to know what features are important for your home’s needs. This article will help you navigate the world of vacuums.
The best vacuums have a combination of features that suit your home’s needs, such as pet hair or allergies. You may also want to consider how often you use the vacuum cleaner and whether there are any special features that come with it, like cordless charging or anti-allergen filters. It doesn’t matter what type of vacuum you choose – upright, canister or stick – these tips will ensure that your new purchase is perfect for your family!
Top 10 Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners in 2021
Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas
- SEALED ALLERGEN WITH HEPA MEDIA FILTRATION: Captures and contains 99% of dust and allergens with an odor minimizing filter to prevent them from re-entering the air
- POWERFUL CLEANING ON ALL FLOORS: Simply steer around furniture and into tight spaces on carpet and hard floors using the onoff brush roll to leave no mess behind
- XL DIRT CUP: A large easy empty dirt cup means less trips to the trash for a more convenient clean
- RUNS LIKE NEW 3X LONGER: The enhanced MAXLife System delivers longer lasting suction to maintain peak performance without regular filter maintenance
The Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a light, quiet vacuum cleaner designed for pet owners who want to keep their home clean with minimal effort. This multi-purpose upright vacuum removes hair and dirt on upholstery, stairs, and hard to reach areas without knocking over furniture or getting stuck anywhere. The MaxLife System has an expanded lifetime filter system that lasts twice as long as the competition’s filters without requiring frequent replacements. Plus, with features like one touch brush roll changes and large capacity bags that are easy-to-empty, this machine will make cleaning your home more convenient than ever before.
- You’ll be able to clean your house without the hassle of pet hair.
- Your home will be cleaner and healthier for you and your family.
- Keep your home looking good as new with a single tool
- No more cleaning up after pets or worrying about allergies!
BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Pet Slim Vacuum Cleaner
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful Cleaning Performance across multiple surfaces. Effectively remove pet hair and other debris across multiple surfaces with powerful suction and the Tangle-Free Brush Roll.
- Compact foot designed to clean smaller, harder to reach places
- Swivel Steering & Lightweight Design. Powerful cleaning performance without the heavy lifting.
- HEPA Sealed Allergen System. Traps 99.97% of dust and allergens.
BISSELL goes above and beyond their already fantastic vacuum cleaners by providing a cleaner that helps people capture more allergens with the HEPA sealed allergen system. Their concern for pet populations is evident in a purchase of this product, as they proudly work to sponsor organizations that help homeless pets. The powerful suction from this machine will make cleaning up everywhere from dirt to pet hair easier than ever before! Not only does it have power, but the lightweight design will allow you to move around furniture very quickly and also conveniently reach those hard-to-reach places.
- Effectively removes pet hair and other debris across multiple surfaces.
- Powerful suction and tangle-free brush roll.
- Helps save homeless pets.
- Traps 99.97% of dust and allergens, so you can breathe easy with your allergies at ease.
eureka NEU182B PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Powerful vacuum cleaner The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris Plus the 12 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness
- 10 lbs light weight upright vacuum The Eureka Power Speed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuvre Designed for whole home clean
- 5 height adjustments It works well on carpet shag rug hard floors, etc. Smooth wheels ensure hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges
- 4.1L extra-large capacity the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying Clean more empty less
- Multiple accessories included a quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning A 7-inch-long crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool help clean hard-to-reach areas Extract dirt, pet hair freshen up your car curtains ceilings or door frames For your convenience they are all stored right on board
The eureka NEU182B is a powerful, lightweight vacuum designed for cleaning your whole home without tiring you out. Even with its light weight it has enough suction power to clean stubborn dirt and debris with ease. The Eureka Power Speed also features 5 height adjustments that gives you the option of either hard floors or shag carpets to work on. You can adjust this up to six feet, so no matter how high it goes, we’ve got you covered! This bagless upright vacuum cleaner comes equipped with 4 1/2 liter capacity and an extra-large dust cup meaning less emptying and more cleaning time for YOU! Clean less? Empty Less?
- The Eureka Power Speed is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- It works well on carpet, shag rug, hard floors, etc.
- Smooth wheels ensure hardwoods won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- Save time with powerful suction that doesn’t lose power over time
- Clean more empty less
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Strongest suction of any vacuum. Suction tested to ASTM F558 at the cleaner head, dust-loaded against upright market.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for homes with pets: With features and tools that dig out dirt, hair and allergens everywhere your pet gets
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: Seals in suction and drives deep into carpet fibers to capture dust, animal hair and ground in dirt
- Cleans up high and under furniture. Removes pet hair without tangling
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Upright Vacuum. The newest, lightest and most powerful upright vacuum from Dyson ever. Perfect for pet owners looking to keep their house clean with an air filtration system 3x bigger than before.
Look at this animal’s home! Isn’t it immense? Wait until you see the smallest nooks and crannies available in each room where dirt can hide…inside of furniture, carpeting on all surfaces, on wood floors near heaters-even on your kitchen floor next to used dishes (furballs). Wouldn’t it be nice if someone could offer multipurpose tools like a tangle free turbine or hair self-cleaner attachments?
- Powerful suction captures allergens, bacteria and dirt.
- Six tools for every type of flooring.
- 35ft cord length for hard to reach places.
- Seals in suction so your floors stay clean longer.
- Radial Root Cyclone technology means no clogs or loss of power
Hoover WindTunnel 3 Max Performance Pet
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas
- CARBON HEPA FILTRATION: Love your pet, not their smell with odor-absorbing filters. Dirt cup capacity - 1.42 liters
- POWERFUL SUCTION: WindTunnel 3 Technology with 3 channels of suction create efficient air flow from the extra-wide nozzle to the large capacity dirt cup
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Reach further and with greater versatility with 15 feet of extended reach. Includes pet turbo tool, pivoting dusting tool, and crevice tool
The Hoover WindTunnel 3 Max Performance Pet is your answer to cleaning pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs, and hard-to-reach areas. The many attachments allow this powerful vacuum to be used as part of an all-encompassing pet care plan that tackles the tough jobs around the house with efficient suction power. From ensuring clean clothes for walks in the park, keeping you safe from allergies at home, capturing allergens before they become airborne, or preventing skin irritation; every generation of pets needs proper grooming. Keep your favorite family members looking their best with zero hassles thanks to this machine’s lightweight ergonomic design specially crafted for handling animal fur like it was silk!
- Clean your furniture and carpets with one tool.
- Effortlessly transition from carpet to hard floor
- You’ll love coming home to a clean house.
BISSELL 2252 CleanView Swivel Upright Bagless Vacuum Carpet Cleaner
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll with scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
This vacuum cleaner by BISSELL will keep your carpets clean and your pets healthy with easy emptying, powerful pet hair pick-up, and triple action brush roll.
The Swivel steering allows you to easily maneuver the vacuum around furniture or other obstacles using its 13.5″ cleaning path width. It comes equipped with specialized tools for removing pet hair, which is great since up to 10 dollars of each purchase goes towards Bissell’s Pet Foundation!
- Helps you keep your home clean of pet hair.
- Easy to maneuver around furniture and other obstacles.
- Keep your home free from annoying pet hair with this vacuum cleaner.
BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Slim Corded Vacuum
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Lightweight & Powerful Suction Stick Vacuum. Weighs less than 9.5 lbs, and has 3 in 1 capabilities to power through pet hair.
- Actively Prevent Hair Wrap. Designed with our patented Tangle-Free Brush Roll.
- Large 0.5L Capacity Easy Empty Dirt Tank. Control dirt, hair and debris while emptying the tank, so you don't touch the yuck.
- Specialized Tools & Storage Wall Mount. Comes with a Pet TurboEraser Tool, Crevice Tool and Dusting Brush to clean hard-to-reach dirt and messes.
The PowerGlide Pet evenly distributes suction across the surface for deep cleaning, without any loss in power. The durable 6-month plus belt means less messes and surprises. The brush roll is designed to remove pet hair from carpeting without any irritation or skin sensitization so you can enjoy your furry friends all the time!
Weighing just 10lbs, this 2-in light weight vacuum breaks through dirt and debris to clean with minimal effort on your part. Thanks to its patented design it will never whip out a clump of hair when pulled back upright again too! All that long hair gets stuck in its turbine brush roll then packed into our innovative dirt tank – keeping allergens contained.
- Works on pet hair and other debris
- Vacuum and tools store together for quick cleaning
- Supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation
- Makes multi surface cleaning easy
Hoover WindTunnel Whole House Rewind Corded Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- CORD REWIND: 25FT cord automatically retracts with the touch of a button
- MULTI-FLOOR PERFORMANCE: 5-level height adjustment for various hard floors and carpet types
- MULTIPURPOSE ATTACHMENTS: Tools for corners, crevices, stairs, furniture and more
- FILTER MADE WITH HEPA MEDIA: Filter made with HEPA Media, which captures 99.97% of dust and particles*
- WINDTUNNEL SUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy powerful, long-lasting suction with WindTunnel suction technology
Introducing the Hoover WindTunnel Whole House Rewind Corded Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. With a 25FT cord and powerful suction, this vacuum is perfect for any surface and will tackle difficult smells with ease! For convenience on various surfaces we also have five-level adjustments specifically designed to fight even the toughest dirt stains. With HEPA Media capturing 99.97% of polluting particles, you can feel confident about your whole house without worrying about allergies or asthma! The Hoover WindTunnel Whole House Rewind Corded Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner has tools to get in every nook and cranny so you’ll never miss a spot again.
- Saves time on vacuuming.
- Reduces dust and allergens in your home.
- Keeps your family healthy.
- Gives you more free time to spend with your loved ones
Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 0.64 quarts; Cordless convenience
- Powerful pet hair pick up
- Swivel steering for easy Maneuver
- 2 speeds settings optimized for carpet & bare floor
- Extra-large, easy to empty dust cup
The Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum is the preferred vacuum cleaner for homes with pets. With two speeds, it can easily travel from carpet to bare floor without clogging or breaking your flow – because sometimes you want to groom the dog hair off the sofa, not just pick up dust bunnies by the doorway. It’s got a powerful motor that clears away anything that gets in its way, and an extra-large dirt cup so you won’t need to stop halfway through cleaning for emptying duties. The best part about this cordless vac? Cleaning windows never felt so easy.
- Picks up pet hair better than any other vacuum.
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and corners.
- You’ll be able to breathe easier knowing your home is cleaner.
- The peace of mind that comes with a clean house.
ORECK XL COMMERCIAL Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy to use at 9 pounds for transportation from room to room and up stairways
- POWERFUL SUCTION: High-speed, balanced, double helix brushes that spins at a maximum of 6500 RPMs
- MULTI-FLOOR CLEANING: Scatterguard squeegee allows scatter-free cleaning on all surfaces—including carpet, wood, laminate and tile—without manual changes to heights or settings
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lies virtually flat to tackle hard-to-reach places and takes up less space during storage
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Helping Hand Handle eliminates squeezing of the hand and bending/twisting of the wrist
The ORECK XL COMMERCIAL Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a reliable, easy to use vacuum cleaner which will tackle all of your household needs. With six cleaning settings and a cyclonic power brush you can clean any type of floor or surface with no hassle or mess. Built by someone who understands the pain that comes from waking up at 3 am to take out the trash, this upright vacuum brings change with heavy duty suction and scatterguard squeegee without requiring any bending/twisting on your part! The product’s brand-ORECK XL COMMERCIAL, speaks for itself: it rotates 6000 rpm about every 12 seconds to thoroughly clean its surroundings in order to leave you satisfied and able to enjoy life once again.
- Clean your house in half the time.
- Save your back from pain and injury.
- Finally feel like you can tackle that cleaning job with ease.
- Keep your home looking brand new, even if you’re not a professional cleaner.
BUYING GUIDES: Choose Vacuum Cleaners
The vacuum cleaner is an essential home appliance that is used to vacuum dirt particles from floors, upholstery fabric, and other surfaces. It works by forcing air into a bag or container to collect dirt particles which are moved to these containers through suction fan blades. The vacuum cleaners are available in a variety of designs depending on the type of surface it will be cleaning, the power source, room size, etc.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners:
There are vacuum cleaners that resemble a regular vacuum. It has a vacuum cleaner head and handles with attachments for cleaning cracks and crevices. At one end of the vacuum cleaner, it has an inlet where dust and dirt enter and on the other side, there is a fan that forces air out through the vent at high speed to vacuum up dust particles into a bag or container inside the vacuum cleaner. This type of vacuum cleaner does not require electricity but may need manual propulsion such as pushing it around once it becomes full.
Cylinder vacuum cleaners:
These types of vacuum cleaners tend to be smaller than upright models. They have a long hose connected to an electric motor in which suction fans work their magic by drawing in dirt particles from carpets, upholstery fabric and other surfaces. They are convenient for vacuum cleaning stairs and other tight spaces.
Canister vacuum cleaners:
These vacuum cleaners consist of a vacuum cleaner head, an electric motor and a dust compartment or bag. The head can be extended to reach otherwise inaccessible areas like underneath furniture and the vacuum is ideal for making quick pick-ups on bare floors and cleaning up low pile carpets. It is easy to carry around because it has an elongated handle provided at one end where you can attach the dust compartment.
Handheld vacuum cleaners:
The handheld vacuum cleaner cannot cope with big messes like that produced by pets or children but they are great for spot cleanups such as spilled crumbs from snack time, broken glass pieces and other small messes. They are also ideal for cleaning car interiors because you can easily carry them around and vacuum up dirt particles.
These vacuum cleaners resemble a cylinder vacuum cleaner but instead of the floor head, it has a round rubber bumper that allows the vacuum to detect surfaces so it won’t fall downstairs or bump into objects. The robotic vacuum cleaner uses sensors embedded in its bumper which detects obstacles, distance from walls etc. It has an onboard computer where it stores maps of your house so once you set it off to clean, it will know where it is going and what pre-programmed steps to take along the way depending on whether there is an obstacle or not.
What you look out for when buying a vacuum cleaner.
Price: The vacuum cleaners vary in price depending on the type, make and model. Compare a few vacuum brands and models to know what vacuum cleaner is well within your budget range.
Versatility: You need a vacuum cleaner that will clean different types of surfaces such as bare floors, carpets etc.
Brand name: As with most other appliances it is best to go for an established brand name because you can be sure about the reliability of its after-sales services
Resale value: Check if the vacuum you are planning to buy has a good resale or trade-in value just in case it becomes obsolete after a period of time
Power source: There are vacuum cleaners powered by electricity, battery power even solar power
Energy efficiency: As with most other appliances, vacuum cleaners to come with energy star ratings. The more stars the vacuum cleaner has, the more efficient it is at using power
Vacuum Cleaner bag vs vacuum bags: Most vacuum cleaners use vacuum bags whereas some may have vacuum dust containers. This would depend on how much dirt you need to get rid of.
Cleaning path width: Check the vacuum cleaner’s cleaning path width because this will help you clean large surface areas in one go
The quietness of operation: If possible check out how noisy or quiet a vacuum cleaner is while operating, if there are multiple users in your household then consider this.
Safety features: Check what safety features the vacuum cleaner has like automatic shut off after 12 minutes of non-use etc.
Ability to clean under furniture: Check if the vacuum cleaner has a separate attachment so you can vacuum under furniture.
Ease of use: This includes the vacuum cleaner length of cord, ease of changing vacuum bags or vacuum dust containers and how many speeds it operates on.
Cleaning head: Make a note whether the vacuum cleaner’s cleaning head pivots easily to access difficult areas like underneath beds etc
What is cyclonic technology? Cyclonic technology works by spinning dirt particles in a small chamber that prevents them from clogging up the vacuum motor. No Tangles Ensure that your vacuum bag doesn’t get tangled while you are working with it because some vacuum bags have special air filters which help prevent tangling Pet’s hair is very important to buy a vacuum cleaner because pets are turned into vacuum cleaner after to clean up the animal hair.
Features to look for when buying a vacuum cleaner:
Cord- The vacuum cleaner’s cord should be long enough to cover a large area like if you live in a big home or apartment. Also, take into consideration where the power outlets are and whether you plan on vacuum cleaning multiple rooms.
Filter: Look for vacuum cleaners that have washable filters because you’ll save money and time by buying vacuum bags less often, just be sure to clean the filter every once in a while so it can work optimally for your vacuum cleaner
Dirt capacity: If you have larger areas of carpet to vacuum then opt for vacuum cleaners with larger dirt capacities so it won’t need to be emptied as often
Price efficiency: If possible check out online reviews especially sites such as Consumer Search to see vacuum cleaners’ recommendations and what vacuum cleaner you should buy.
Tips on how to clean your carpet effectively with a vacuum cleaner:
Carpet vacuum cleaners are very different than vacuum cleaners for bare floors. It is important to vacuum the carpet either with or without a vacuum cleaner beater bar depending on whether you have a vacuum cleaner with a vacuum beater bar or not.
Some vacuum cleaners come standard with vacuum beater bars which help remove dirt from your carpets better by loosening it up and give it something to stick onto. If you don’t have vacuum beater bars then just use normal strokes while vacuuming your carpets.
If possible buy a vacuum cleaner that has excellent suction power so it can pull dirt, debris and even pet hair out of your carpets effectively.
Do not over apply pressure when using a vacuum cleaner otherwise, you will damage your carpets
What is a vacuum cleaner and what accessories do I need?
A vacuum cleaner is an appliance that comes with attachments such as vacuum cleaners’ hose, vacuum cleaner’s nozzle and vacuum cleaner’s crevice tool for example. These attachments can be used to vacuum different surfaces of your home such as carpets or bare floors, furniture of even stairs. Attachments not included may include extra tools such as a brush or pet hair attachment which you can use to clean up pet hair or dirt from car seats
Why should i buy a vacuum cleaner?
Buying a vacuum cleaner will make your life easier by cleaning floors, carpets and furniture without too much hassle
How often do i have to change my vacuum bag?
It really depends on how dirty the vacuum bag is, vacuum bags are replaceable so you can buy vacuum cleaner bags. There are vacuum cleaners with vacuum bag indicators that will let you know when to change your vacuum bag
What type of vacuum cleaner should I buy?
You should check out reviews online or consult a professional in household appliances if it’s your first time buying one because they may be able to recommend the right vacuum cleaner for your needs. If you have pets then consider getting pet hair attachments that help remove animal hair. Also take into consideration how large the area is that you want to clean up because this will determine what vacuum capacity you need.
There are many things to consider when choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a heavy duty commercial-grade machine or something more lightweight and portable, we have reviewed all of the top vacuums on the market today so that you can find one that works best for your lifestyle. And don’t forget to read our tips section! We hope this blog post has helped you narrow down which is right for you – just fill out the form below if you want help finding it in person at an authorized retailer near where you live. Thanks again!
Listed below are Best Vacuum Cleaners which satisfy both affordability and quality:
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API