Do you want to know the best gas grills on the market? If so, then read this article. We have compiled a list of what we think are some of the best gas grills that are currently available for purchase. All of these grills received an average rating of 4 or higher out of 5 stars from Amazon customers who reviewed them within the past year. You can also find links to each grill’s product page below for more detailed information about them and see what other people say about them in reviews left by previous buyers. Thank you for reading!
This blog post is intended to provide readers with information on all types of outdoor cooking equipment including charcoal, wood, pellet, electric smokers and cookers, etc.,
Top 10 Best Rated Gas Grills
Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Power Source: Propane/ liquid petroleum gas. The propane tank is not included.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
The 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill is perfect for backyard entertaining. The 10, 000 BTU side burner allows you to cook your favorite dishes at the same time with an easy access grill light to keep food cooking evenly. It also features a porcelain-coated grease pan that removes easily for quick cleaning and stainless steel burners that descend from the top of the grill, which ensures even cooking with no flare-ups. The product’s dishwasher-safe cast iron grates will be rust resistant through years of use while its stainless steel exterior makes it stylish enough to show off in any backyard setting. With this four-burner gas grill has everything you need to entertain with ease!
It’s made of stainless steel for durability.
The 10,000 BTU side burner is perfect for searing meat.
You’ll be the envy of your neighbors with this grill.
It’s stylish and sleek to fit into any backyard design theme
MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill
- ❤ STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: This propane gas grill has 3 Stainless Steel burners, can put out 30,000 BTU-per-hour with integrated piezoelectric ignition system, quick start up with the push &turn of a control knob
- ❤ FEATURES: The whole Stainless steel control panel with chromium plating control knob makes this propane gas grill more study and delicate, a stainless steel handle and a built-in stainless steel thermometer on the cover lid, two foldable tables and two heavy duty wheel casters for storage and moving
- ❤ PORCELAIN-ENAMEL WIRE COOKING GRATES: The cooking area of our propane gas grill is 471.8 include 339 square inches for cooking and 132.8 square inches for warming
- ❤ ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS: 46.46 L x 20.87 W x 41.14 H inch, and 29.5 inch Length when folding both of the side table of the propane gas grill
- ❤ MULTIFUNCTION AND PRACTICAL: This propane gas grill is perfect compliments any outdoor space like backyard, garden, courtyard, terrace and balcony of most family, alternative all season for outdoor cooking
This MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill is an ideal choice for you and your family. It has a lot of power for quick cooking with up to 30,000 BTU output. Plus, it can accommodate either side table so it’s great for large gatherings! The entire stainless steel control panel with chromium plating control knob design makes our propane gas grill more study and delicate.
Use less gas than traditional grills.
Save money on propane.
Cook with an outdoor grill that is as powerful as your stovetop.
Grill for hours without running out of fuel
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- 8,000 btu side burner provides a secondary cooking space for sides or sauces
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
Grilling is a pastime for everyone. The 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill provides you with more than enough room to cook your family’s favorite recipes while retaining the crème de la crème of cooking performance. Enough space to make large batches or sides dishes? Not a problem. You can take care of them on the heavy duty side burner, which also offers an extra spot to cook whatever fresh ingredient catches your eye from local farmers markets, farmers’ stands and roadside vendors. Great for camping too!
You’ll be able to cook for a large group of people.
It’s durable enough to withstand the outdoors.
Cook your favorite dishes with ease.
Spend less time cooking and more time with friends and family.
Weber Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
The Weber Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill gives you 925 square inches of cooking space, which can accommodate up to six burgers at once, with an impressive 15.87 psi of heat under the cooking rack! With its porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars and unique design, you’ll be able to look over your shoulder for a little brand precision every time you make the perfect burger–even out in the fresh air. Walk away from mundane grill experiences by embracing this brawny yet manageable Weber tool that burns 30, 000 BTUs per hour thanks to its GS4 grilling system.
You’ll have a more efficient cooking experience.
The food will come out better tasting.
Get the most out of your grilling sessions with this grill.
Gather around the table for good times and great food cooked on this grill
Char-Broil Portable 240 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 240 Square inch cooking area and built to travel
- Sturdy legs for stability on a Table or the ground, carrying handles for easy transport
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge, painted porcelain body
- For use with 1Lb propane tanks, (Sold Separately)
Introducing the Char-Broil portable. Whether you’re tailgating, at the beach or dining outside, even in your backyard with family and friends, this grill works well for small to medium sized gatherings. Durable and easy to transport, it has a 240 square inch cooking surface and two large adjustable dishwasher safe grills (one for heat and one for oil). You will never run out of compartments or storage space because besides the generous 2 cup warmers there is also a shelf tray that closes when not in use keeping ingredients warm. The lid mounted temperature gauge help simplify outdoor cooking while an integrated grease management system makes cleanup easier than ever before!
Cook up to 240 square inches of food at a time.
Durable and portable design for easy transport.
Cook delicious meals in the great outdoors with this grill.
Give your family fantastic outdoor memories
Cuisinart CGG-059 Propane, Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill
- 146-SQUARE-INCH ENAMELED STEEL COOKING GRATE: 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
- 8, 000 BTU: burner works with 1 lb. Propane tank: features an 8, 000 BTU burner, a push to Ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. Propane tank giving you ultimate portability.
- COMPACT DESIGN: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and weighs only 10 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, Tailgating and more.
- NO ASSEMBLY: The grill requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 5 minutes without the need for tools or matches.
- LOCKING LID: The lid latches down allowing for quick and easy transport
The Cuisinart Grillster features an 8,000 BTU burner, a push to Ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. Propane tank giving you ultimate portability.(product info). The lid latches down allowing for quick and easy transport. The 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
It’s a portable grill that is easy to transport and store.
The lid latches down for quick and easy transport.
You’ll feel proud of your cooking skills when you use this grill.
This will make the best grilled cheese sandwiches on the block!
Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- New (May of 2020) Porcelain Enamel Lid to eliminate any paint peeling or bubbling
- New easy to clean drop through residue removal system allows for grease to drop straight through to the residue tray
- Upgraded 22, 000 BTU/hr. dual zone burner system for direct and indirect grilling. 500F in just 5 minutes and temps up to 650F overall
- 346 sq. In. Cast iron grilling grate with optional griddle and pizza stone kit
- Compact 21" X 21" (Lid closed) footprint perfect for the Small patio/balcony
Introducing the all new Fuego F21C-H which delivers a dual zone burner system for direct and indirect grilling. The upgraded design also features a cast iron grilling grate with an optional pizza stone kit, and easily assembly in less than 30 mins. We know you’re going to love our proven Porcelain Enamel Lid that eliminates any paint peeling or bubbling and our electronic ignition ensures quick start up. Our compact design is perfect for those who don’t have much space, but still want big performance from their grill!
Your food will taste better than ever before.
You’ll be able to grill any type of meat, vegetable, and pizza.
Create memories with family and friends this summer.
Give your backyard a new look with the Fuego Grill.
Napoleon BIP500RBPSS-3 Built-in Prestige 500 RB Propane Gas Grill Head
- 66,000 BTU's
- 4 Stainless Steel Main Burners
- 760 in Total Cooking Area
- NIGHT LIGHT Control Knobs with SafetyGlow
- 7.5 mm Stainless Steel Iconic WAVE Cooking Grids
The Napoleon BIP500RBPSS-3 Built-in Prestige 500 RB Propane Gas Grill Head provides great cooking space for a number of people. The stainless steel main burner can deliver 66,000 BTU’s which will keep your food at the right temperature so it won’t take as long to cook. The NIGHT LIGHT control knob with SafetyGlow is perfect for those that have trouble going from bright light into dark areas because it illuminates just enough to see what you’re doing without being too bright and hurting your eyes. This grill comes complete with 7.5 mm Stainless Steel Iconic WAVE Cooking Grids to provide a lot of support for foods whether they be small or large fry pans or big juicy steaks!
Easy to clean.
Durable and high quality construction.
Great for large parties and gatherings.
You’ll feel like a culinary master with this grill in your backyard.
Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Dimensions - lid closed and tables out (inches): 15.5H x 40.9W x 16.5D inches. Fully assembled out of box. Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately)
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- Care instructions: Handling the brass material on this product exposes you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. (Wash hands after handling this product.)
Painstakingly calibrated in Germany, the Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is an induction-ready device that provides an exquisite taste through its powerful yet flexible burner. Thanks to a durable casing of cast aluminum and porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates, you get all the deliciousness without any of the danger. With 8500 BTU per hour output within the 189 square inch cooking area this appliance can sate even your heartiest hunger with ease. Add some style for your establishment by mixing traditional black with stainless steel accents or upgrade to six matching stainless steel goose-neck gas cylinders—either way these beautiful pieces will be proudly displayed on your grill station all summer long!
The perfect size for a small family.
Easy to assemble out of box.
Get the BBQ you’ve always wanted.
Spend less time cooking and more time with your friends and family.
Royal Gourmet Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle
- Portable and Convenient: With sturdy feet for enhanced stability, this table top grill is perfect for small outdoor cooking events, like camping and tailgating, fueled by 20 lb. propane tank (not included).
- Fast and Even Heating: Three separately controlled burners offer an overall 25,500 BTUs cooking power; with a simple push of integrated piezo igniter, they ensure fast and even heating. Temperature can be adjusted as you wish from low to high.
- Spacious Cooking Surface: This tabletop grill comes with 316 sq. in. cooking surface.
- Quickk Assembly: No more worries about complex assembly before grilling, so you'll start cooking journey in no time.
- No Fussy Cleanup: Removable, slide-out grease cup collects oil residue while cooking, and is easy to clean up after use. Griddle top is also detachable for washing.
Approve of the most demanding chefs – this grill with a table is it. With many features, perfect for outdoor events! Cooking power? 25500 BTUs. Temperature adjustment? Yes! Just push the integrated piezo igniter and you’ll be set in no time. You can cook everything from a hot dog to a chicken with this grill on your side, don’t want it to take up too much space? No worries here – at its smallest measureable size it’s small as an oven mitt and takes even less room than that on your camping table. It has 3 legs so there will never be any rocking- except if you’re thinkin’ about BBQing before an earthquake or volcano erupts!
Cook for a small party with ease.
Have the power to cook anything you want.
Grill your favorite food in no time.
Enjoy cooking without all the hassle of complex assembly beforehand.
BUYING GUIDES: Choose Gas Grills
A gas grill is a portable barbecue device which uses the combustion of natural gas or propane to heat and cook food. The term “gas grill” may also refer to a cooking surface consisting of metal grates, similar to those found on traditional charcoal grills, that use gas energy for heating.
There are two types of gas grills available: stationary and portable. Stationary gas grills have a permanently mounted stand with one or more burners, while portable ones come in single-burner designs that can be carried from place to place as needed.
How to choose a gas grill
Gas grills can be full sized or compact, for picnics and camping. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes from many manufacturers. They generally have two or more burners with controls to regulate the flame size and heat output. There is also commonly a side burner to cook food away from direct heat of the main grill cooking area.
A gas grill is a simple device that uses gas to create flames which are used to brown, sear or barbecue meats or other foods, depending on selected settings on the grill. There are several different types of grills available that use gas energy:
Built in: these permanently installed units typically require professional installation and hook up via propane tanks or natural gas lines so they can be not moved often.
Portable: these units are suitable for camping and tailgating, and some include covers to protect the grill while it is being transported. They typically utilize disposable propane tanks.
Rotisserie: rotisseries come in different shapes and sizes, but most will accommodate roasts or chickens on a standard spit rod that turns with the heat source below it. These types of grills usually have multiple burners for more even heating due to convection currents created by their design, and they also offer sear plates which allow one side of the food to seal quickly while cooking over direct flame on the other side. This type of unit works well for large slow cooking meats such as brisket and pork shoulder.
Tabletop: these units are generally two burners in a sturdy cast iron case with a grate to hold the food above the flame, and they may have enclosed compartments for side dishes or utensils. Multiple units can be placed together on a picnic table to allow multiple people to cook at once.
Types of cooking surfaces
The cooking surface is where the heat from the gas burner comes into contact with the food, and it’s usually made of cast iron or sheet metal. This material also acts as a barrier between the flame and other components to prevent corrosion.
Some grills are equipped with porcelainized enamel cooking grates, generally offering more even browning due to their nonstick surface. Many now feature raised ridges on top which allow fat to run away from food while preventing flare-ups caused by excess moisture falling onto hot flame below.
Regardless of design, all gas grills have vent slots around the outside bottom for air flow control that can be adjusted according to need for accurate flame size control – this allows you to reduce heat quickly if needed.
The lid (or hood) of the grill seals in flavor and moisture by locking in smoke particles, which can be released through an exhaust vent on top of the unit. Wood chips, pellets or other aromatics may also be burned under the grate to enhance food flavors with unique smoky flavors.
Depending on design, side burners (if present) are either infrared or convection style – these differ based on how they transfer heat across their surface. Convection surfaces use metal fins to create small currents that disperse heat throughout the box; while infrared cookers use tube-shaped heating elements that can reach higher temperatures for searing meats and cooking steaks at a fast rate without overcooking.
Size and BTUs
The size of a gas grill is measured by how many square inches of cooking surface it offers, which varies widely depending on the number and types of burners available. Most units come with at least one burner that allows you to control heat output through a valve/dial, but some models may offer as many as six separate cooking zones for maximum control over temperature.
Higher BTU (British Thermal Unit) measurements indicate higher power or heating capability – these translate to faster cooking times, so choose your unit accordingly based on the amount and types of food being cooked for your family size.
Larger gas grills will have a stronger frame to support the weight of heavier components such as a rotisserie unit or even a side burner; but this also contributes to larger cooking times. In these cases, it may be necessary to have a second gas grill on standby for those unexpected occasions when you’re entertaining large groups of guests.
The best gas grills should offer as many features as possible while still being functional and sturdy enough to last through years of use – so choose one based on your specific needs and how often you plan to use the grill. If you do not need all of the components included with a particular model, opt for a gas grill that offers more customization options such as higher BTU ratings, searing capabilities and rotisseries depending on what type of food you will be preparing frequently.
Tips on how to maintain your gas grill
All gas grills are susceptible to corrosion, rust and discoloration after several uses. This is especially true with cheaper models which may be made from lower-quality materials. The best way to prevent this damage is through proper care and storage of the grill during off seasons, below are some helpful tips for you to follow:
Cover your unit – most manufacturers offer high-quality covers that can be used in all weather conditions without causing any damage to the grill. Make sure you clean your unit before covering it up by wiping it down with a damp cloth or sponge so dust doesn’t accumulate on its surface during storage .
Protect against rain – though most gas grills are with weatherproofing in mind, you should still take precautions to protect your grill from unexpected spills. All it takes is one humid night or an unexpected downpour for moisture to seep into openings and cracks where rust begins to form .
Remove all accessories – if you do not plan on using your gas barbecue during the off-season, make sure you remove its grilling components such as the burner guards, lava rocks or other materials that may collect excess debris or fall victim to corrosion over time.
High maintenance models – some manufacturers recommend that certain parts of their gas grills need frequent attention in order to prevent damages. The best examples are stainless steel burners which can be damaged by acidic juices dripping onto their surface through food being cooked; therefore these components require a thorough clean after every use.
Know your warranty – most gas grills come with a specific warranty from their manufacturer which can be used as a tool to save yourself some money if you need repairs during the off-season. However, keep in mind that this warranty does not cover damages caused by negligence or exposure to harsh weather conditions so read through the fine print before purchasing a unit.
Use these tips as a guideline on how to buy and maintain your own gas grill, but always refer back to the manufacturers’ instructions for more specifics on how each individual product should be cared for both during and after its respective use.
What is a gas grill?
A gas grill is a standalone appliance which cooks food by using heat energy produced by propane or natural gas. It can be used both indoors and outdoors depending on its make, model and outdoor accessories included. The best gas grills are capable of producing high heat levels for an extended period of time without any significant fluctuations in temperature throughout the cooking process.
How do I know if I need to replace my old unit?
If you have been using your old gas grill regularly during the past several years or even months, then there are some key signs that it may be time to consider purchasing a new one. These signs include: rusting/corroding components, difficulties removing the grill grates, reduced heat output and a small number of BTU values.
What are grill BTUs?
Grill BTU is an acronym which stands for British Thermal Unit which measures the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 pound of water by a single degree Fahrenheit – it is the standard unit used by gas grills to measure their cooking power. This standard can also be applied to other appliances such as gas ovens or cooktops.
How many BTUs should my new gas grill have?
It depends on how often you plan on using your gas grill and for what type of food. A general guideline is that more expensive units boast higher numbers in this category. For a gas grill that is going to be used frequently throughout the year, look for a model with at least 40 – 60 thousand BTUs.
What types of burners are available on gas grills?
The most common type of burner found on today’s gas grills is the stainless steel tube which emits heat from its surface and involves less maintenance than other models but may not provide as high of a heat output. Another option is the infrared rotisserie burner which features an oval shape and produces more heat energy since there are no gaps between flames and food being cooked.
The best gas grills have a lot of built-in features that make cooking for large groups easier. If you’ve been wanting to upgrade your grill but don’t know where to start, we can help! We here at GrillinFools want you and the whole family (or friends) to get out there this summer and enjoy some delicious grilled food. Our experts put together this list of what they think are the best gas grills on the market today; each with their own benefits and drawbacks depending on your needs. Happy barbecuing!
Listed below are Best Gas Grills which satisfy both affordability and quality:
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API