The best backup cameras are a must-have for any vehicle. These devices help drivers see what is happening behind the car, and can be extremely helpful in avoiding accidents when reversing. But with so many different models to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one will suit your needs best. In this blog post we’ll take a look at some of the most popular brands on the market and compare their key features in order to make an informed decision about which device is right for you.
Top 10 Best Rated Backup Cameras
Pyle Backup Car Camera Rear View Mirror
- BACKUP CAR CAMERA: A rugged backup rear view camera with true color reproduction and video output of 10V PP 75 Ohm It has a low lux performance and a wide viewing angle at 170° Has color image reproduction and auto white balance
- LCD MONITOR SCREEN: This backup camera monitor comes with a 43 inches LCD mirror monitor screen display and NTSC/PAL video system Has a built into rearview mirror assembly with universal sized clips Also has the ability to connect to 2 video sources
- BUILT INTO MIRROR PANEL: This backup camera monitor can be easily setup and replace existing rear view mirror On the other hand, the car rear view camera, can be mounted to license plate with its slim bar style housing
- WATERPROOF & NIGHT VISION: This backup camera for cars and other automotive vehicles is IP 67 marine grade waterproof to combat bad weather It's also fog resistant and has night vision ability Kit includes all necessary wiring
- DISTANCE SCALE LINES: A backup camera kit that features an accurate distance scale line display for proper parking and reversing without relying on side mirrors alone This reverse parking sensor offers safety for jeeps, pickups and other automobile
Critical to making sure your car doesn’t back into a telephone pole or slam into the car in front of you, Pyle Backup Car Camera Rear View Mirror will keep you from falling victim to uncertain traffic situations.
This rugged backup camera with true color reproduction and video output of 10V PP 75 Ohm displays your route forward by casting a live feed onto a 43 inch LCD mirror monitor. With its low lux performance capacity and wide viewing angle at 170°, this rear view camera for cars is perfect for nighttime driving as well as inclement weather
Pyle makes use of high quality components such as an IP 67 marine grade waterproof construction combatting bad weather, auto white balance ensure accurate colors during day time operation too.
- You’ll be able to see what’s behind you when you’re backing up.
- Your car will have a complete backup system.
- Keep your loved ones safe with peace of mind.
- Protect your investment and avoid costly repair bills.
Furrion Vision S 4.3 Inch Wireless RV Backup System
- Easy & Quick Installation: Vision S Sharkfin Camera is an easy plug and play for pre-prepped RVs, eliminating extensive drilling requirements. Easy set-up even for non-prepped RVs, with instructions mentioned in the User Manual
- Durable and intelligent camera system: Includes a High Resolution (720x480) IP65 waterproof camera with infrared night vision, live streaming, intelligent IR cut filters and wide viewing angles of 120°.
- 4.3" Touch Screen Anti-glare Monitor: Comes with park assist marker lines. The windshield and table mount allow for easy viewing.
- Long Range Signal Strength: The 2.4GHz wireless communication digitally locks to the camera systems which makes it safe and reliable for all vehicle sizes. 42ft (13m) range in motion and extended range of up to 492ft (150m) in open spaces. Compatible with RVs, motorhomes, trucks, semi-trailers, box trucks, shuttle buses, commuter buses, and tractors. Night Vision Distance: Rear/ Doorway: Up to 16ft. (5m)
- Microphone & Motion Detection: Automatically detects movement behind your RV to auto awake the display. The rear camera also includes a microphone with audio transmission for when you are backing up your vehicle.
The Furrion Vision Sharkfin Camera is an easy plug and play for pre-prepped RVs. Easy set up for any vehicle, just install the 4.3″ wireless camera into a spare tow hitch opening to viewing angles of 120° with the high resolution IP65 waterproof night vision infrared camera system. Includes a 2.4GHz wireless communication that locks onto your existing RV backup cameras so you know when there is something behind you from 492ft away in open areas which helps protect against contact or injury from objects in reverse motion.
- Easily install a camera in your RV without drilling holes.
- You can easily set up this camera even if the vehicle is not prepped for a truck cam.
- Live stream from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Never miss any of the action on your trip!
INCLAKE Car Backup Camera
- 【Ultra HD Screen & Accurate Color】The backup camera is designed to eliminate blind spots and avoid obstacles when reversing. 680P Ultra HD picture shows a clear image for the driver. No more annoying blurry discoloration screen and picture, and displays the most ideal road condition.
- 【12 LED & Superior Night Version】12 LED super bright lights illuminates the images when daylight is low, and greatly enhances night vision with sharp images. The sensor will turn on the light automatically when you activate the reverse gear, which gives you the best view for parking.
- 【IP68 Waterproof & 140° View Adjustable Angle】The camera will be protected from powerful jets of water from any direction, such as rain and a car wash. Works well in extreme weather. Adjustable vertical 140° perfect viewing angle, which allows you to adjust the camera to a position that’s best for you, effectively reducing the accident rate.
- 【2 in1 Installation & Tools Included】Camera can be installed on license plate frame, or mounted on back, front, and side based on your preference. The camera or its mounting bracket will not take a lot of space on your license plate. Suitable for most 12V-24V vehicles, such as Jeeps, SUV, RV, VAN, etc.
- 【Best Customer Service】INCLAKE backup camera is guaranteed to provide a safe road trip.Feel free to contact us if you have any issues with the item.
Carry around a backup camera and be certain that you’re always safe when reversing. The INCLAKE Car Backup Camera shares a 680P Ultra HD picture and 12 LED lights to amplify all those dark spots in front of you. Never worry about those pesky trees again; now, you can stay calm as confident as ever with this perfect accessory for your ride.
The installation is easy: once the wire has been run through the license plate or back window (if it’s installed there) any where from one to three hours will be dedicated to calibration depending on how complicated we want each project – but don’t sweat it! This car safety issue will soon be taken care of and then never bother anyone ever again!
- Eliminate blind spots
- Avoid obstacles when reversing
- Clear image for the driver
- Enhance night vision with sharp images
- Protected from powerful jets of water
RAAYOO Reverse Backup Camera
- How many times have you been backing out of your driveway or a parking spot only to have a little kid dart behind your automobile, seemingly out of nowhere? The camera is a perfect solution, you will have eyes in the back of your head
- Easy to install: 2 Installation options,you could choose bracket mounting or flush mounting as per your case
- Rear/Front Switchable: Optional Customized Distance Scale Lines & Mirror/Normal Image Switchable - You Can Use it as Rear View Backup Camera or Front/Side Camera Note: By default this is a reverse camera (mirror image) with distance scale line
- 170 Degree Wide View Angle to help you see blind area where your eyes can't reach.Work with your head units or aftermarket LCD/TFT displays with standard RCA input only,Suitable for variety of vehicles: car, mini-truck, mini-van etc,12V working Voltage ONLY,Support NTSC only
- Reliable and friendly customer service,1 Year Warranty,Ready to respond within a 24 hour time frame,30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Two different installation options: you can choose to install it using either mounting brackets or flush-mounting. This gives you the versatility to use it in your application without having to cut any holes, whether that is a car, truck, van etc. You’ll have 170 degree wide view angle coverage so that even when driving blind spots are eliminated. Using RCA connections for video signal only this will work with head units or aftermarket LCD/TFT displays. The 12V working voltage is suitable for cars, mini-trucks and minivans alike. It’s NTSC compatible so there won’t be problems when viewing images in 3D analysis modes .
- You’ll be able to see the back of your car while you’re backing up.
- You’ll never have to worry about running over something again.
- Never get in an accident again.
- Your family will thank you for getting this product installed on your vehicle.
Backup Camera for Car AMTIFO 4.3” Mirror Monitor
- ►【Easy Installation】The rearview mirror backup camera simplifies the wired connection that you only needs power to the monitor or camera and you can get the stable and clear image.
- ► 【HD 1080P Image】Back up camera is IP69 waterproof, and color HD 1080P Rear View camera with 150 degree viewing angle and 7 LED lights. . With super night vision that matches your vehicle lights, you can see what you need to see, day or night.
- ►【Multi-function Backing Camera】Back up camera systems for car is IP69 waterproof, Switch Rear or front view etc function. Also upgraded camera that the bracket can be hidden under the license plate.
- ► 【Monitor Function】Car camera with 4.3 Mirror screen easy to hooked on vehicle original rear view mirror with Extendable clips. Guide Lines turn on/off through the buttons of the monitor, move the guide lines to right, left, up and down and adjust the line width. Also 4.3 inch monitor can switch Brightness/Contrast/Saturation/Tint/Language and reset.
- ►AMTIFO A1 backup camera for truck provide a professional instruction sheet comes in the package. Also: With the 2 years Warranty, free tech support and replacement service; we know you will be pleased with this camera.
The backup camera for car will be the perfect accessory to help drivers see what’s behind them. The monitor can be mounted on any window and it has a 150 degree viewing angle to ensure that you’re able to monitor all areas. Night time driving is enhanced by the 7 bright LED lights! You’ll never have another scare of backing into something or picking up someone who walks out in front of you again. With two hours of continuous recording, this device is perfect for anyone driving alone and needs assistance watching everything around them.
- Get a clear view of what’s behind you.
- Avoid any potential collisions.
- Feel safer when driving at night.
- Keep your family safe on the road
Wireless Backup Camera for Trucks
- ★No flickers and interference - With 2.4G digital wireless transmission ,it delivers a stable image without any interference from other signal such as Bluetooth. Equipped with great sensor, the rearview mirror backup camera provides vivid picture, which restores what you see behind your vehicle directly. The max wireless working range is over 300ft in open area ,and 36ft on vehicle for reversing or 30ft on vehicle for continuously use.
- ★Very easy to install - There is no need to run wires from the monitor to the rear camera because of the wireless signals transmission. The monitor base can be disassembled, it can be installed directly on the flat panel, or installed on the windshield.You can choose any method to install it. Also, the car backup camera wireless monitor with 2 way video Input CH1/CH2--It means this kit supports adding 2nd same license plate camera or rv camera.
- ★No color difference -The color shows the same as what you see outside, offering a clear HD 1080P image with a good balance of contrast, color saturation.The wireless backup camera for car offers improved image quality with better contrast and color performance than normal LCD.
- ★Ideal Reverse Camera - The waterproof standard of this rear view camera is IP69 , the highest and lowest temperature resistance is -4°F~149°F, and the lumen rating is 0.1 at low light night. Therefore whether it is sunny or rainy, hot or cold, day or night, the bluetooth backup camera for trucks always performs well.
- ★Good Service - The S23 Vehicle Backup Camera is compatible with cars,vans,camping cars,pickup,trucks even small RVs. DoHonest offers clear user guide (installation video included), 45-day money back guarantee and 2 year warranty. 24 hours after-sales service and Professional technician team is available.
Here at SmartLife, we know that for top-notch security and safety monitoring it is critically important to keep an eye on loved ones. As technology continues to evolve, the SmartLife Wireless Backup Camera allows you to see what’s happening in your truck before you even get there. With 2.4G digital wireless transmission, it delivers a stable image without any interference from other signal such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi which ensures the crisp natural color of the images with no need for wires running back and forth between monitor and camera because this device transmits wirelessly! The color shows the same as what you see outside so all details can be seen clearly in high definition 1080p resolution with great contrast and saturation making it perfect for daytime use.
- The wireless signal is stable and there’s no interference.
- You can use this camera in any weather conditions.
- Save time and money on wiring installation.
- Get a clear picture without distortion or blurriness
Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera
- Works with most Garmin Drive, nuvi, and dēzl GPS navigators (sold separately)
- View what’s behind your vehicle when in reverse; BC 30 backup camera view shows right on the compatible navigator’s display
- If desired, wire to constant power and toggle easily between camera and navigation modes. Camera Resolution- 240P (with compatible Garmin navigator)
- Wirelessly transmits video up to 45 feet. Wireless transmission type : 2.4 GHz ISM radio band
- Rugged enough to withstand harsh weather
Connect the Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera to your compatible Garmin device, and you’ll be able to see what’s behind you as you back up. It can easily toggle between camera mode or navigation mode if desired. The wireless transmission reaches a maximum of 45 feet from vehicle to unit. Durable enough for harsh weather, this product is a must have- just remember that it won’t work with older generation models.
- See what’s behind you in reverse.
- Wirelessly transmit video up to 45 feet.
- Feel more confident parking in tight spaces.
AMTIFO A8 HD 1080P Wireless Backup Camera
- ►【Latest Digital Signal】RV backup camera with Unique digital signal dedicated dual antenna, power, transmission distance, stability, durability are improved by at least 50%. The rv car camera can send 1080P videos to the display via the stronger signal. The signal can reach 984ft in open area and working on vehicle range under 240ft.
- ►【4CH 1080P Monitor】The back up camera systems wireless with capacitive touch button sensor more durable and smoothly as well as extend the service life. It can add up to four rear view camera/side view camera/front view camera.
- ► Trailer backup camera with super large HD 1080P 7” monitor. The image is super clear and any distortion is reduced to a minimum. Thus, you will get to enjoy a flawless parking and driving experience. The image could be flipped between mirror(rear view) and facing(front view), Backup lines optional to turns on/off. Back up camera built in record function and loop recording, continuous record when memory card is full and auto erase old files.
- ►Backup camera for truck with a very high IP rating of 69 it’s very waterproof and weather resistant. It has a wide viewing angle of 150 degrees, the image quality is HD with 18 infrared lights. The Screen made by IPS panel, It allows you to see a clear picture at any angle without any reflection or blurring.
- ►【Quality Guarantee】AMTIFO A8 Security camera for car provide 24-Hour Online Customer Service, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, 365-Day After Service Replacement Warranty and Lifetime Support. If you have any question or need any help, please contact us first, we'll try our best for you.
The AMTIFO A8 HD 1080P Wireless Backup Camera is the perfect device for RV owners, it has a wide viewing angle of 150 degrees and an IP rating of 69. The wireless camera connects to your video system wirelessly for hours of easy use. It’s difficult finding parking spaces with tight turns or crowded driving lanes? You’ll benefit from this back-up camera!
Hauling loads across town in your truck can be really hard on the front bumper, but by using our heavy duty metal ramp you won’t have to worry about damaging your drive train while working on lift packages.Ramps are built to securely transport long items like lumber into home repair projects at one time while ensuring that they stay balanced during travel.
- Durable and smoothly to avoid wear and tear.
- Extend the service life, so you can use it for a long time.
- Compatible with up to four cameras.
- Clear image means you’ll see everything in detail, no matter how far away or small it is.
AUTO-VOX TW1 Truly Wireless Backup camera
- 5Mins DIY Installation: No drilling, no wiring, no reverse light required in the vehicle, everyone can install it within 5 mins by using a screwdriver only. The backup camera can be flexible to snap into the top/bottom of any standard U.S. license plate frame.
- All-in-One Backup Camera: Compact wireless transmitter, antenna technology into one camera design. The camera is powered by the built-in rechargeable battery directly, which ensures it can work independently and performs well even without connecting the car circuit.
- Stable&Real-time Image: Digital wireless technology brings you a stable and real-time image with no interference even under the car speeds up to 50-60 mph, you can activate it for reversing or monitoring at any time.
- Upgrade 720P HD Monitor: 5'' LCD monitor with 720P resolution delivers a more colorful and delicate image at daytime and night. You can see the things clearly around your car, which can eliminate the blinds spots efficiently to improve driving safety.
- 2 Camera Channel Support: TW1 can be paired with 2 cameras to work. You can order an external add-on camera to be used as a baby monitor in the car, as a backup camera for the trailer, or as a front camera to see what’s in front of you.
AUTO-VOX TW1 Truly Wireless Backup camera builds on an innovative design to not only eliminate the need for a rearview mirror, but also enable everyone to install it with a screwdriver. It has a compact wireless transmitter and antenna technology that’s placed in one small camera design which can be powered by the built-in 3350mAh rechargeable battery directly.
The digital wireless technology is stable under car speeds up to 50-60 mph with no interference creating a more colorful 5” LCD monitor during normal conditions as well as night vision.
- No drilling, no wiring, easy to install.
- Clear image quality with no interference.
- Instantly see what’s happening outside the vehicle.
- Keep your loved ones safe with live video feed of the road ahead
Hopkins 50002 Smart Hitch Backup Camera
- Camera with SmartZone sensors for easy hitching and towing
- Alerts you to distance and direction of objects
- Large, crystal clear 3.5-inch color monitor with static free image
- Includes three detection zones ; Allows For One Person To Hitch By Themselves
- Plug-In Simple installation and no splicing required
You don’t need to worry about hooking up your trailer’s hitches with the Hopkins 5002 Smart Hitch Backup Camera. Let this intelligent device do all of the heavy lifting for you! It not only provides a clear, easily understood display but it has sensors that are able to see farther ahead than you can by hand or view through your wiper blades. Through three detection zones, the camera alerts you about distance and direction so there are no surprises when backing up. There is also an option for one person hitching alone if needed- though we always recommend having an extra set of hands available! For professionals who want their life back free from tedious hitching tedium- this product is for you.
- You’ll be able to hitch and tow by yourself.
- You can see everything that’s around you with the camera.
- Hitch confidently in any situation.
- Reduce your risk of accidents while towing or hitching up a trailer.
BUYING GUIDES: Choose Backup Cameras
Backup cameras are becoming standard equipment in new cars. Backup cameras offer drivers assistance when reversing, by offering views of what is behind the vehicle. Backup cameras help prevent accidents and injuries resulting from poor visibility when backing up. Backup-assisted braking systems automatically stop the car before a collision with nearby objects or people when using rear sensors to monitor your surroundings while you back up. Backup cameras come in different types: LCD screen, screen built into mirrors, a camera on license plate, etc…
The most popular backup cameras are backup camera screens that attach to the rearview mirror. This type of Backup Camera can be installed easily because of its small size and lack of installation complexities – simply plugging into your existing video input for a low cost
Another popular Backup Cameras are the Backup Cameras built into the rear-view mirror, which is activated when you shift into reverse. Backup cameras now come with HD, night vision, and even 3D capabilities for better vision during parallel parking maneuvers
There are also Backup Cameras that hang under your car’s license plate, Backup Cameras that are installed above the bumper, or Backup Cameras designed to be permanently mounted inside the vehicle. Backup cameras can be purchased as aftermarket accessories for most vehicles or as original equipment on newer cars. They range in price from less than $100 to more than $400 and vary significantly in terms of features and functionality.
Types of Backup Cameras
There are many types of Backup Cameras. The main difference is whether the camera is wired or wireless, with wireless being less common
Wireless Backup Camera: This type of Backup Camera has a built-in transmitter in the vehicle’s rear fascia, which wirelessly sends a video signal to a receiver in a monitor mounted in the dashboard area. These Backup Cameras have an 80 – 200 feet range and require a 12V powerpoint. You must carefully check that your car does not have a metal bodywork before buying this kind of Backup Camera
Wire Backup Camera: This type of Backup Camera requires two wires to be connected from the camera to the monitor. They use RCA cables to connect from the display unit to any open video input, such as the AV1 socket on your car.
LCD Backup Camera: This Backup Camera has a built-in LCD monitor built into its housing. The LCD Backup Camera displays images in full color which makes this Backup Camera ideal for use at night or in low-light conditions. These types of Backup Cameras are more expensive than other types of Backup Cameras because they do not need any extra wiring to be installed
Mirror Backup Cam: This type of Backup Camera is placed inside a rearview mirror and shows footage from a rear-facing camera or an infrared sensor. These types of Backup Cameras may help drivers avoid blind spots by allowing them to see what’s next to their vehicle when driving through narrow back roads and alleys. Backup cameras in mirrors are very useful when parallel parking so you can see directly behind your vehicle
Rear Backup Camera Systems: It is the most popular type of Backup Cameras since it provides a clear image of what’s happening behind the car, offers wide-angle viewing capabilities, and may include heat sensors to warn you if there are people near your car when backing up
Things to Consider when Buying a Backup Camera
Backup Camera Type: Backup Cameras are available in different types. You need to know which Backup Camera type is suitable for your vehicle
Automatic View Rotation: Backup Cameras with automatic view rotation swivels the camera automatically when you switch your car’s direction. This feature helps drivers avoid blind spots by allowing them to see what’s next to their vehicle when driving through narrow back roads and alleys
Backup Camera Video Quality: Backup Cameras come in different resolutions, so think about whether you would like a simple picture or full HD video quality.
What is the difference between wired and wireless Backup Camera Systems?
Wired Backup Camera: This type is the simplest and most popular Backup Cameras. To see your vehicle’s rear when backing up, you need to connect two wires from the camera to a monitor installed in the dashboard area
Wireless Backup Camera: This Backup Camera has a built-in transmitter in the vehicle’s rear fascia, which wirelessly sends a video signal to a receiver in a monitor mounted in the dashboard area. These Backup Cameras have an 80 – 200 feet range and require a 12V powerpoint.
You must carefully check that your car does not have a metal bodywork before buying this kind of Backup Camera
How much does a Backup Camera System cost?
Backup Camera: Backup Cameras can cost as low as $40 to more than $1,000. Backup Cameras prices start at around $50 and go up from there. Backup cameras normally range between $100 and $500
Monitor: Backup Monitor prices vary depending on your needs. Backup Monitors can cost anywhere from under $20 for a basic unit to over $200 for an advanced wireless Backup Camera System with GPS monitoring, speed limit alerts, and G-Force Sensor technology
Installation: On average, installation of a Backup Camera System costs between $100 and $300. The type of vehicle you have will determine the type of backup camera installation service you need. For instance, if you’re simply replacing an old monitor with a Backup Camera, it will cost $100 – $300. If you need to wire up the car’s electrical system, then installation costs between $500 and $1,000. If you want to install GPS trackers or simply replace your backup camera system with another type of Backup Camera System, installation costs are between $100 -$200.
How do I choose my Backup Camera?
Think about what kind of Backup Camera is suitable for your vehicle: Wired Backup Cameras are the most popular type
Find out if your vehicle has enough space to mount a monitor with a built-in Backup Camera: You must carefully check that your car does not have a metal bodywork
Check whether there is an existing wiring setup that you can use: Backup Camera installation costs between $100 -$300
Backup Cameras are available with different video qualities, so think about whether you would like a simple picture or full HD video quality
Backup Cameras come in different resolutions, so think about whether you would like a simple picture or full HD video quality.
How do Backup Cameras work?
Backup Camera Systems come with a display that you can mount at your car’s dashboard. When you shift your car into reverse, the Backup Camera automatically turns on and displays what’s behind your vehicle on the monitor
Is it legal to install Backup Cameras in my car?
Yes, Backup Cameras are allowed by law as long as they aren’t placed where they obstruct your view of traffic and road signs. You also need to check specific regulations if you want to use wireless Backup Camera Systems that transmit signals over radio frequencies
Where should I place my Backup Camera Monitor?
The best places for putting Backup Monitors are on top of the dash, below the rearview mirror or next to the rearview mirror. It’s important that Backup Monitors be installed at a place where it won’t obstruct the driver’s view of the road
How do I install Backup Camera System by myself?
You can mount your Backup Camera Monitor anywhere you want yourself, but if you’re not too confident about getting things done properly, then hiring a professional to install Backup Cameras for you is highly recommended .
Choosing the best backup camera for your vehicle can be a difficult task. There are so many different models on the market, and each has its own set of pros and cons. In this blog post we’ve provided an overview of these various options to help you narrow down which one is right for you or your business. We hope that by reading this article, either new drivers who don’t already have a backup camera installed will know what they need before buying it, or those with existing systems will find some helpful tips in case their system needs replacing soon (or even if they just want to upgrade). If not, please let us know what features are important to you in the comments below!
Listed below are Best Backup Cameras which satisfy both affordability and quality:
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API